Why this blog? Why Me? Why now?

Recently, after a series of particularly stressful events, I had a day that was full of tiny moments that all seemed designed to push me towards God. As I've never been a regular churchgoer and certainly not a believer, this came as a bit of a shock. I have never felt that I was missing anything, but it was too strong of a feeling to ignore. It is possible that in a month or week or day that the compulsion will pass. It is also possible that it will not.

I started this blog to document the process. I am starting from scratch, more or less, so please forgive me if I get some fact about your church or your faith wrong. I'm a work in progress.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Prayer Request, please?

My friend's almost two week old baby is in the hospital with an infection of some sort.  She'll be there for the next several days. Can I ask you all to add her to your prayer list? Her name is Ainsley.

Thanks, the very idea of a tiny baby being sick makes me unsettled.

7 comments:

  1. Will do.
    I agree. I wish there were some "suffer more on behalf of child" option we could pick, like "apply my return to next year's taxes".

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Sending lots of prayers and happy thoughts their way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mom of a preemie (who has ended up in the PICU twice) is praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. The baby has Group B strep and will be in the hospital at least another week.

    ReplyDelete