Why this blog? Why Me? Why now?

Recently, after a series of particularly stressful events, I had a day that was full of tiny moments that all seemed designed to push me towards God. As I've never been a regular churchgoer and certainly not a believer, this came as a bit of a shock. I have never felt that I was missing anything, but it was too strong of a feeling to ignore. It is possible that in a month or week or day that the compulsion will pass. It is also possible that it will not.

I started this blog to document the process. I am starting from scratch, more or less, so please forgive me if I get some fact about your church or your faith wrong. I'm a work in progress.

Friday, May 25, 2012

7 Quick Takes, vol. 5


--- 1 ---
I promise, this week I will return the blog to it's orginal purpose. I've had a lot of time to think about life, and family, and God, and faith this week. I just haven't had a lot of time to blog about it all.

--- 2 ---
And if you'll pardon me for yelling, MY HUSBAND DID NOT HAVE A SECOND HEART ATTACK. Whooooo!!!!   Ha ha, fooled you, false alarm.

--- 3 ---
On Tuesday we drove back to a bigger city, and saw an actual cardiologist. He was a bit perplexed by the facts of the event and decided that the safest path would be to do an angiogram to check things out.

--- 4 ---
The angiogram showed ALL CLEAR. "Fantastic" arteries.  The doctor only wished his were as good. He suspects the Mike got really dehydrated, causing the dizziness, and then started to panic with his history of high stess and prior heart attack, and then the doctor here was trying to CYA. The stress test was a false positive and there was no heart damage.

--- 5 ---
They now can do a heart cath through the wrist instead of the groin. Recovery is a billion times easier, the patient goes home the same evening. Highly recommended if you or a loved one find yourself in that position.

--- 6 ---
As soon as we returned home yesterday, I completely collapsed. I took a 3 hour nap and woke with with an awful cold.  I can't sleep, my head hurts, coughing, runny nose, etc.  A reaction to the stress, perhaps?

--- 7 ---
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I really really appreciate it.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your husband didn't have the second heart attack and is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been down the husband-with-heart-problems-and-young-children road and I'm so glad to hear your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your husband is doing better!

    ReplyDelete